Saturday, February 9, 2013

charm quilts for Project Linus - done!

The title of this post nearly says it all - I finished my first two Project Linus quilts of the year!  These were really easy to put together.  All together I think it took two weekends; one to cut the fabric and sew the quilt tops and another to make the quilt sandwich and bind.  I used all scraps (except for one new fat quarter) for the quilt tops and used fabric I had in my stash for the backs.  The blue and white back fabric is from IKEA.  The more I use from my stash, the more new fabric I can add, right?  They're a little funky, a little wonky and there are a lot of mistakes, but they will keep a couple of kids warm :-)

charm quilt

charm quilt

charm quilt

charm quilt

charm quilt

charm quilt

I'm in the Boston area, snowed in by a massive blizzard.  I've got another idea for a Project Linus quilt.  Hmmm . . . snowed in + sewing = happiness!  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from readers. Thanks for your comments!