Monday, January 9, 2012

knitting socks

For my second-ever knitting project I knit a pair of socks. I took a class in September or October and it took me three months to finish them. These socks are a HOT MESS. Dropped stitches, extra stitches, knots, wrong stitches - you name the error and these socks have it. On the plus side, this was the perfect project to really learn how to knit. This pattern had it all and I learned how to increase, decrease, and use double pointed needles. I also learned how to read a knitting pattern and "read" my knitting. I even took them to pints 'n purls where I confidently was able to chat and knit at the same time (a huge step for me!). I feel a lot more confident about knitting after making these socks!
I used worsted weight acrylic yarn and size 7 double pointed needles.
They might not be pretty but they are very cozy and I'm looking forward to wearing them around the house, to bed and inside my winter boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from readers. Thanks for your comments!