I finished the top of the quilt over the weekend! The last step was attaching the blue border. I'm not in love with the blue fabric as much as I hoped I would be but it's a nice color contrast to all the yellows, oranges and pinks. These pictures don't do the quilt justice - the light wasn't so great and it's blindingly obvious how crappy my iron is! I thought my next sewing purchase would be a cutting board but maybe I should invest in a quality iron?
Normally at this point I'd plunge right in to designing the back of the quilt and putting it together. I had so much left over fabric already sewn together I've decided to make a "mini-me-quilt" that will look approximately the same as this one but much smaller. I put half of the top together last night in under an hour. My goal was to make two quilts for Project Linus this year so when I finish both quilts I'll meet my goal. I hadn't planned on making two of the same but I think I'll do something special with the backs of both to make them unique. I've loved working on this quilt and I am really happy with my choice of fabrics, but to be honest, I'm looking forward to working on something new!