Monday, March 14, 2011

Bars of Gold quilt

My goal this year is to make two quilts for Project Linus. Project Linus is the charity that collects handmade quilts for children age 0-18 in Maine. I made my first quilt ever last year for Project Linus. The chapter I donated my quilt to collected over 5,000!

I've chosen the Bars of Gold quilt for my first quilt. It's from Pam and Nicky Lintott's Jelly Roll Quilts. Jelly rolls are collections of 2.5"x44" of fabric. They're usually sold as a big roll, thus the name. I have fat quarters and a couple of yards of remnants that I think will work well. I picked the colors by serendipity: I was ironing some of my fabric and placing it over the back of a chair. The oranges, pinks and yellows ended up next to each other and I thought Aha! There's my quilt!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from readers. Thanks for your comments!