Sunday, April 21, 2013

catching up

Things have been a little hectic around here lately, thus the lack of posts.  I've been knitting and sewing but I just haven't been in the mood to post.  Spring is coming so I'm emerging from my winter funk, so I hope to get back on track soon.   

I'm happy to report that since January I've finished two (yes, two!) knitting projects.  My knitting goals for the year included actually finish a project or two and to learn how to knit lace.  I took a into to lace class in February and learned out to make this scarf/shawl:

Jill Draper A Little Something

I used less yarn than the pattern called for so it's not quite shall-sized.  I kind of like how it looks all bunched up around my neck (unlike in this photo which reminds me of an Egyptian headress).  

Madelinetosh Honey Cowl

I also finished Madelinetosh's Honey Cowl.  I loved this pattern - so easy and fun to make.  It came out super soft and squishy and cozy.  I've been wearing a lot at work as kind of a shoulder shrug. 

Madelinetosh Honey Cowl

My knitting streak ended here.  I got about a quarter of the way through a new project and dramatically frogged it over the weekend.  I might try to figure out the gague and adjust the pattern and give it another go.  It's a cowl with great potential.

Colette Sorbetto

During Friday's lockdown, I had a lot of nervous energy so I whipped up another Colette Sorbetto tank top.  If only it were warm enough to wear it!  Spring has been very slow to come to Boston and I am itching to break out my summer skirts.

I think that's about it . . . next up on my sewing agenda is to finish my second attempt at Colette's Peony dress.   I just need to put in the zipper and hem the dress.  My mom helped me re-fit the top of the dress to avoid the "wonky boob chest area" of my first attempt :-)

And lastly, but certainly not least, I'll put together this quilt that I made for a friend of a friend.  She wanted University of Illinois colors.  I was a little unsure about combining orange and blue but I think it works.  It's super bright and cheery!


Until next time . . . xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from readers. Thanks for your comments!